Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday filled with family, food and lots of fun! Thanksgiving happens to be my favorite holiday of the year. There are no expectations of gifts, no shopping stress to get that perfect gift, no hustle and bustle. Thanksgiving is simply about being together, enjoying each other and, of course, taking a tryptophan nap. For those of you that know me personally, you know I love family and I love food. So Thanksgiving is perfect for me! In honor of my fav holiday, I put together a list of a few things I am thankful for. I would love for you to add yours.
1. My camera…. I’m just a hack at it but I LOVE to take pictures! Just ask my girls! Unless you’re not into eye-rolling, then I would recommend not asking…or even mentioning it. Ever.
2. Fuzzy socks…. Ya know the kind that have grippy stuff on the bottom and aloe inside? We have concrete floors in our house & my feet are always freezing. Also, I am extremely clumsy, so those grippy dots come in handy!
3. Sweet Tea…. Nuff’ said.
4. Owls…. I have a pretty fair collection of owls. I like their elegance and their quirkiness. My hubby & girls think I am out of control. But I have help to get my goods. My Mom & my friend Shanna are always finding me contraband and getting me my fix. You can’t repay that kind of love.
5. Music…. Music is a language all its own. I enjoy all kinds of music. A song can refresh an old memory or be the background to a new one. My husband plays the guitar. There is no sweeter sound to me than to hear him play.
6. Lint rollers…. Seriously. I have 2 cats. 1 black & 1 white.
7. Chocolate….I know there are people that don’t like chocolate. I do not understand you but I still love you.
8. Humor….I spent several years without much laughter in my life. My husband has given me that gift back. He is one of the funniest, most witty people I know. He makes me laugh daily. I never take it for granted.
9. My cell phone….it allows me to communicate with my daughters. They’re teenagers. You parents of teens feel me. One day, we will hear their sweet voices again! (-:
10. Cereal…I enjoy cereal. Especially when I’m too tired to make anything else. It’s a lifesaver. Except when the milk has gone bad….then it’s useless. Stupid milk.
Bonus: 11. Holiday leftovers….My family lives close so I can eat leftover Thanksgiving & Christmas meals for days!
Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy those leftovers!